Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Soccer is All About Fun and Winning Some Games, If Not All


Soccer has been a part of our household for many years now, especially with my son, one of my two daughters and their dad as a youth soccer coach. As for me, I am more like the supportive fan, mom and amateur soccer games photographer. Year 2011/2012 & 2012/2013 seasons have been very busy years for us (my 14 years old son as a player, my soccer coach husband and myself).

I thought it would be fun to tell how my 14 years old wore 10 jerseys (and counting) for two seasons (2011/2012 - 2012/2013), just for him to be a better soccer player. A soccer player who can contribute to his team, winning some games, if not all and making soccer a fun experience. Here are all the jerseys that my son wore during these recent two seasons: 
SFU Soccer Academy thru HS Soccer Program
2011/2012 VYSA League: Vancouver United FC away jersey during early soccer season





 


 2012 Spring League -Whalley's Puma Team (just played one game) 


2012 Spring Port Moody Soccer Club games/practices tryouts (played 4 games).

 


Noel (as a fan) with his dad at July 18, 2012 Chelsea FC vs Sounders FC game.

Noel's 9th jersey for 2012/2013 season 
Of course 10th jersey for HS soccer, his 2nd year for the SFU Soccer Training Program (2012/2013)
Watching my son plays soccer, as a parent, I tried to get involved as a volunteer or just a fan supporter. It's fun, not only for him but for us too. After coaching kids for 2 years (my husband continued coaching for at least 7 years - youth/adult soccer), soccer activities for us never stopped in my family. Though I stopped coaching kids soccer, I found a hobby of taking amateur soccer photos and randomly recording soccer videos during soccer games. 

Until next post.

Any question/inquiry regarding this site, please contact:

Contact info:
__________________________________________________________
Earla Riopel, BSCom(USA), DipAcc(UBC)
Main Sites: Website ; Twitter ; LinkedIn ; FacebookBlog 

No comments:

Post a Comment